- More Botulism Cases Tied to Heroin 'Skin Popping' April 26, 2017(MedPage Today) -- Fifteen cases over 10-year period in El Paso, Texas […]
- Physician Survey: $91K Pay Gap for Women Docs April 26, 2017(MedPage Today) -- Dinged for spending more time with patients? […]
- Committee Vote on Gottlieb as FDA Chief Postponed April 26, 2017(MedPage Today) -- Senator seeks additional time to review conflict-of-interest info […]
- U.S. Healthcare Needs a Good Shakeup, CEO Says April 26, 2017(MedPage Today) -- The industry 'is so screwed up and it's ripe to be disrupted' […]
- The Long Shift: Is It Safe? April 26, 2017(MedPage Today) -- Which is riskier -- long shifts or restricted work hours? […]
- Medicaid Waivers: A Matter of Flawed Flexibility? April 25, 2017(MedPage Today) -- States' proposals to alter program may do more harm than good […]
- The Flying Eye Hospital: OphthalmologyTimes April 25, 2017(MedPage Today) -- Also, tricks for limiting staff turnover […]
- MD Tech Tips: MDCalc April 25, 2017(MedPage Today) -- Popular EBM platform finally available for Android devices […]
- Pelzman's Picks: Would a Tax on Opioids Curb Abuse? April 25, 2017(MedPage Today) -- Also, vital patient-physician conversations, surgery checklists […]
- FDA Warns Against Unproven Anti-Cancer Products April 25, 2017(MedPage Today) -- Letters target 14 companies selling dozens of pills, salves, teas […]
- More Botulism Cases Tied to Heroin 'Skin Popping' April 26, 2017
Author Archives: Florida Health News
By definition, Chronic Diseases are recurring problematic health conditions. They cannot be prevented by a vaccine and are not able to be cured by medication. These diseases are become part of life for people that live with them. Chronic diseases include heart disease, cancer and diabetes. Continue reading
When it comes to living well, maintaining a healthy weight goes a long way to having a long life with high quality of living. While being overweight not necessarily the direct cause of health problems, it is often the indirect cause of many. Heart disease, diabetes, and joint pain can be a side effect of being over weight. Furthermore, being over weight, can cause mental health issues like low self esteem and depression. In short, there is a lot of truth to the concept of being sound in mind, sound in body.
We are all about promoting balance. Mental and physical balance. In our “about” section, we mentioned that we plan on bringing creative ideas to you. Well, this is one of them! It the rat race that is modern day living, many of us are looking for a break from cell phones, internet, texting and constant over communication. We are almost addicted to it. It’s crazy how plugged in the world has become in the last 20 years.
Many people love the sun. Many of us like to be tan and, for most of us, the warmth of the sun makes us happier. However, as you probably know, the sun can cause damage to your skin. Just one bad burn can result in enough mutation to cause squamous cell carcinoma down the road. What are we saying? Wear sun screen! Reapply sun screen! Put sun screen on your children!